Why work for this company!
- The company is going to be the DOMINATING leader in its NEW niche. They are GROWING, GROWING, GROWING!
- They just completed another acquisition with so many more to come.
- Private Equity-backed. Roll-Up of companies in the RENEWABLES industry! Pre-IPO!
- Located close to the Heights. Hybrid schedule.
- Stepping stone into an organization with lots of upward possibilities. Be the 3rd hire in Accounting!
- They are automating lots of processes and are very open to new ways of doing things and most of all the EMBRACE technology!!!!!
Overview of the Staff Accountant:
- Perform analytical functions necessary to execute and review the monthly, quarterly, and year-end close process including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain oversight of accounting personnel across subsidiaries to ensure timely consolidation and reporting.
- Participate in the rollout of FP&A program, including the development of initial budgets and budget to actual analysis for subsidiaries.
- Perform analysis of income statement, balance sheet, and equity transactions, preparation of consolidated financial statements, and general accounting support for projects.
- Prepare vendor and customer invoices, disbursements, payroll and time reporting, field tickets, and other daily transactions for the parent company / consolidated shared services. Review daily transactions for the subsidiaries as necessary.
- Assist with the preparation of interim and annual financial statement audits
- Identify and research technical accounting and reporting matters, accounting principles, and SEC reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with and respond to ad hoc requests from key stakeholders within the organization.
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly consolidation/elimination entries to ensure completeness and accuracy of the consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual disclosures and maintain tie-out binder.
Qualifications of the Staff Accountant:
- Strong understanding of GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC reporting, and business combinations.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- 3-5 years of professional experience required.
- Corporate OR Public accounting experience is strongly preferred.