Seeking an Assistant Controller near Hobby Airport (Hybrid 2/3)!
Why take an Assistant Controller role with this company?
- Stable, Family Owned Company that has been in business for over 50 years!
- Massive organization with plenty of room to grow your career!
- Ability to mentor and train employees
- Newly created role.
- This is a polished and professional environment working with an exceptional and very talented team!
- Succession plan! Work hand in hand with the Controller and CAO.
- Live by their mission statement of being committed to excellence, customer service and integrity.
Perks of the an Assistant Controller role:
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Excellent PTO plan
- Hybrid role
- Base low to mid 100’s plus bonus
What an Assistant Controller will do..
- Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly consolidated financial statements including consolidating entries, intercompany eliminations and various schedules.
- Perform monthly budget analysis, development projects and overhead.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly consolidated financial statements and quarterly debt compliance.
- Prepare, analyze and distribute various financial reports.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly entries for certain revenues
- Evaluate contracts, prepare any necessary entries and monitor new leases for compliance with ASC 842.
- Oversee development reimbursable, impact fee reimbursable and periodic receipts for reimbursements.
- Analyze contracts
- Perform NRV and cash flow analysis,
- Reconcile numerous GL accounts and create miscellaneous reconciliation reports.
- Assist with all audits including financial audit, 401(k) Plan audit and various other audits.
- Research all technical accounting issues
What the company needs in an Assistant Controller:
- Bachelors in Accounting required; CPA is highly preferred.
- Requires 5 years of experience in a related corporate accounting or finance role with consolidated financial statements; public accounting/Big 4
- Ability to communicate financial results and analytical findings
- Strong initiative and ability to work collaboratively (in a team environment) as well as independently.
- Strong understanding of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus