Why take an Accountant role with this company?
- Stable, Employee-Owned Company that has been in business for over75 years!
- Ability to learn from an amazing manager with lots of knowledge to share
- Newly created role.
- Committed to integrity, teamwork, and customer-centric!
- Strong medical benefit package
- 401-K with match
- Amazing tenure
- Base 55 to 65K
- 3.4-star review on glassdoor.
- Did we mention this is an ESOP company?
- Conveniently located close to Sugar Land, Texas!
What the Accountant will do..
……..Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, the Accountant is responsible for preparing monthly financial statements including statements of cash flows, performing detailed financial analysis, and maintaining schedules and reconciliations in support of dynamic business needs.
- Support the financial reporting process by preparing and analyzing domestic and consolidated financial statements, including statements of cash flows and managerial reports
- Participate in financial planning and year-end financial activities
- Reconcile specific accounts and ledgers
- Reconcile credit card activity using bank reports and research transactions as needed
- Reconcile and research job costing variances
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries
- Develop special reports and analyses
- Maintain various supporting schedules
- Assist in the management of company’s fleet of vehicles
- Support renewal and maintenance of the company’s commercial insurance program
- Perform other duties as assigned
What the company needs in an Accountant :
- BBA Accounting required. GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 1-2 years accounting experience
- self-starter, strong work ethic
- Work in a team environment
- Strong financial analysis
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Hyperion Planning and Budgeting software a plus
- Oracle software is a plus
- Organize and prioritize work tasks efficiently