About the Company and Opportunity:
- Outgoing, Friendly and Family oriented Company
- Very visible role reporting to VP Controller
- We have worked with this company for over 15 years with multiple successful placements!
- International publicly-traded company that Conducts business in over 20 countries
- Convenient location in Southwest Houston
- Core hours are 9 to 4pm
- Currently on a hybrid schedule with 3 days in the office
- The company offers a wide array of services & they pride themselves on providing the highest excellent in service
- They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries
Overview of the Staff Accountant (Intercompany) role:
- Reconciling and recording entries related to project accounting including vendor accruals
- Prepare and record journal entries related to intercompany
- Maintain intercompany inbox and ensure queries are addressed on a timely basis (daily)
- Researches and resolve intercompany variances on a local and consolidated level
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of various AP and intercompany accounts
- Assist in preparing monthly medical insurance accrual
- Maintains documentation related to intercompany charges.
- Assist in completing certain account variance analysis on a monthly basis
- Comply with all internal controls related to intercompany
- Special projects, as needed.
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant (Intercompany):
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting required.
- 3 months – 2 years of experience in corporate accounting
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, accounting tasks, general ledger and reconciliation required.
- Advanced MS Excel spreadsheet and Word skills required.
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP.
- Proven ability to perform complex analytical work.