Division Senior Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a publicly traded global company headquartered in Houston, Texas. The company is growing and adding a Senior Division Accountant to their team. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Division Senior Accountant Opportunity:
- The company has been in business for over 40 years!
- Global presence. Family feel!
- Amazing tenure! Many employees have been there for more than 10 years!
- Company has over 1700 employees worldwide!
Perks of the Division Accountant role?
- Visible role. Report directly to Accounting Manager & Corporate Assistant Controller
- Be responsible for everything finance-related for a division!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Laid-back and collaborative. This team likes to have fun!
- This position is required to go into the office 3 days a week.
- Great northwest location close to 290 / Beltway.
Overview of the Division Senior Accountant role:
- Ensuring compliance with financial transaction recording standards (e.g., general ledger, cash payments/collections, leases, tax transactions, etc.)
- Control/reconciliation of accounts and records (balance sheet, P&L, bank accounts, etc.)
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual financial close for division
- Accounting reports/schedules for internal audiences (management reporting) and/or for external audiences (compliance reporting) including consolidation of financial statements, cash flow reporting, budget reporting
- Managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision.
- Coaching and reviewing the work of lower level professionals.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing and reviewing cost center analysis for month end purposes, making any necessary adjustments
- Intercompany Accounting
- Support external and internal audits
Preferred Qualifications for the Division Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 plus years of GL Accounting experience
- Publicly traded and privately held company experience
- SOX / Internal Controls knowledge
- CPA a huge plus, but not required.
- Experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Independent and self-motivated. Ability to balance a hands-on role with decision making responsibilities as required of the position.