Large Regional CPA Firm – 170E and growing! Privately Held Companies only.
The Manager is a key member of the firm’s vibrant and growing M&A tax consulting practices.
- Manage/lead M&A tax consulting engagements, including but not limited to, tax due diligence, cross border and domestic tax structuring, cross-border financing, and modeling the tax consequences of various acquisitions and dispositions.
- Performs discrete tax consulting engagements such as Section 382 analysis, gross up analysis, domestic or foreign earnings and profits calculation, basis calculation, purchase price allocation and transaction costs analysis.
- Reviews and models out complex partnership operating agreements and sales agreements.
- Demonstrates proficient technical skills including the application and interpretation of U.S. federal income tax law including Subchapter C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, researches and writes tax memoranda on various tax matters.
- To the extent required, review and assist with tax compliance particularly as related to transactions.
- Proactively assist in the firm’s various initiatives including blogs, articles webinars and others.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm’s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Five or more years of tax experience with at least 3 years in M&A tax
- Provide career advisory to associate, senior associate, and/or supervising senior associate as needed.
- Understands personal and team roles; contributes to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeks guidance, clarification and feedback; provides guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in performing research and providing quality written tax technical advice.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including proven experience liaising with clients.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and use good judgment.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting (or Business, with emphasis in Accounting) is required.
- Masters of Science degree in Taxation or a JD/LLM highly preferred.
- CPA or JD is required.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills, as well as to maintain license requirements.