Head of Finance & Operations
Our client is a massive growth DTC Retail company that has had an explosion of growth in the last 1.5 years due to a new product offering that caters to the current digital/video environment for social media, leisure, and business.
They have recently secured financing to invest in manufacturing & development of additional sales channels. Company is 100% debt free, 400% growth in the last year, very strong balance sheet, highly profitable and NEW to Austin! Looking to bring in someone early in their career to fit the high intensity, entrepreneurial start up Vibe. The ideal candidate would have a public accounting background with a mixture of a retail/tech/manufacturing industry experience; International sales & accounting/multi-currency experience would be highly preferred.
This could be a 2-5year CFO or a Controller that is ready for a CFO role to act as CFO/COO & provide operational strategic direction to support growth objectives of the company as they maneuver the challenges of international sales.
Perks of the Head of Finance & Operations:
- Get in on the “ground floor” so-to-speak, of this massive growth company.
- Join a team of young, passionate, smart, and driven people.
- NEW to Austin- make your mark with this trailblazer of a company!
- Generous compensation package, PTO, and benefits
You are a driven operational finance professional early in your career and possess high intensity and energy. Being an integral part of a team to support the growth of the business is what gets you out of bed in the morning! You have an impressive progressive accounting and finance career that has allowed you to make it to the C-Suite very early on in your career. You are a smart, creative, strong willed leader that faces challenges head-on without breaking a sweat. You know there are solutions to the challenges the team faces, and you are persistent and confident in your ability to find them!
What will the Head of Finance & Operations do:
- Oversee small accounting department with clean books & straight forward accounting
- Produce accurate and timely financial reports and presentations to investors/board
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close
- Manage the company’s accounting processes and ensure the company’s accounting processes are in compliance with applicable governance.
- Make continuous improvements to processes as identified.
- Manage and improve the internal control structure of the organization and build future internal control structures as the company grows.
- Work closely with president of the company to provide financial and operational information important to making vital decisions for the direction and progression of the company
- Build out international sales & distribution strategy
- Play an instrumental role in the growth and scalability of the business by leading vision, strategy, and results for company operations in conjunction with President/CEO
- Work closely with the CEO and other leaders to implement the company’s strategy across the various functions.
- Ensure company’s ability to meet targets, optimize performance, achieve customer satisfaction, as well as identify and create solutions for process improvements
- Own administrative and operational processes and projects, including office space, insurance, compliance, legal obligations, and other risk management needs.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Bachelors Degree
- CPA highly preferred
- Public Accounting Background, BIG 4 highly preferred
- 12- 20 total years of progressive mix of accounting/finance/operations experience
- Experience working in conjunction with a CEO/President of a high growth company to support strategic growth and operations.
- High growth company experience in the tech/manu/retail (DTC) space
- Progressive background in accounting/finance with an operations focus in a rapid growth environment
- Experience with international accounting/multicurrency
- Proven successful implementation of strategic operational projects to completion while successfully managing stakeholders, including C-suite.
- Strong working knowledge of operational compliance and a strong understanding of risk and regulation frameworks.