Our client is one of the hottest Austin-based real estate investment & development firms. We are seeking a Senior Property Accountant to support their growth. If you are an openminded & resourceful accountant that consistently seeks new or creative ways to do your job more efficiently you may be the right fit for this group.
PERKS OF THE SENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT:
You are joining an innovative real estate investment company who strives to positively impact people and communities through their projects. Their projects include mixed use, residential, retail, and workplace in the hottest areas of Austin. Many of their projects utilize buildings that have lost their luster but have the most interesting and beautiful architecture and “bones”. Their specialty is bringing those building back to life!
Not only does this company have amazing projects that allow you to see the direct impact of your work but they are also passionate about giving back to the community.
WHAT THE SENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT WILL DO:
The Senior Property Accountant will maintain financial reports, records, and GL, as well as reviews budgets and performs general accounting for complex projects and properties managed by the company.
• Full-cycle monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting of operating real estate portfolio and development
• Monthly and quarterly financial statements and supplemental reporting
• Preparation and posting of monthly bank recs
• Daily or weekly cash management cycle for multiple bank accounts
• Monthly balance sheet reconciliation including follow-up of outstanding AR/AP
• Monthly review of GL expenses & all AR/AP prior to posting
• Monitor and review monthly receivables for accuracy, adjustments, and/or corrections
• Review and activate leases in Yardi
• Assist property management team with tenant ledger maintenance
• Review and post monthly commercial billing for income-producing properties
• Property Budgeting – Lead budget entry/review process and validate work of staff.
• Prepare and post monthly, quarterly, and year-end expense and income accruals, utilize budgets to analyze variances
• CAM -Review and post prior-year reconciliation charges annually.
• Maintain loan management spreadsheet & REI
• Maintain investor preferred return schedule monthly
• Closeout of WIP development projects
• Assist with capital draw requests for construction and development and prepare supplementary reports as needed with support from team.
• Filing of quarterly sales tax returns on an as needed basis
• Prepare partnership distributions for VP review & prepare annual GAAP/Tax/Equity reconciliations for review by Accounting Manager and VP of Accounting.
• Maintain asset amortization and depreciation schedules
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A SENIOR PROPERTY ACCOUNTANT:
- BS in Finance or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years property accounting with retail, office, and mixed-use properties.
- Yardi Experience required