Our client is one of the premier Energy companies in the US. They have both domestic and international operations.
Why work here:
- A leader in their industry
- Full benefits including 401k and medical, dental & vision
- Succession Plan!
- Growing business and stable business with mighty plans.
- Overview of the role:
- Supervises consolidations and financial statement reporting processes.
- Coordinates and oversees year-end audit preparation with timely and accurate completion for an overall company audit. Coordinates and oversees financial audits for various international entities. The role will require a significant amount of hands-on effort for the various audits.
- Coordinates and oversees timely close on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. The role will require a significant amount of hands-on involvement in month-end closing processes.
- Leads process improvement projects within the accounting department and across other financial functions to optimize the efficiency of closing, consolidations, and reporting processes across the organization.
- Provides guidance on GAAP on an as-needed basis and acts as GAAP expert for the accounting team.
- Provides lead role in the identification and implementation of financial systems for consolidations, and financial reporting automation. Acts as a financial system expert for the team.
- Establishes productive relationships with FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related discipline, and CPA required
- Requires at least ten years of relevant financial experience, with at least 5 years in management level roles.
- Requires previous management level experience in accounting with a publicly traded corporation.
- Proficiency in SAP is required.
- Experience using financial consolidation, planning, and reporting tools such as BPC or Hyperion is required.
- Mastery level experience with Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) is strongly preferred.