Real Estate & Construction Senior Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately-held construction and property management company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Senior Accountant:
- Company that has 30+ years of experience providing management for all types of multi-family properties
- A growing portfolio with more than 23,000 properties and counting!
- State of the art training program that includes live internal classes in each region to ensure career growth
Perks of the Construction Senior Accountant role?
- Competitive Compensation Package and Bonus
- Mentoring and Coaching opportunities
- Visible role & Direct Point of Contact with Controller
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
- Great work life balance and company culture
Overview of the Senior Accountant Role: Responsible for the timely and accurate financial reporting of assigned properties
- Oversee all accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of properties
- Performing reconciliation of accounts on a monthly basis and posting journal entries
- Prepare monthly bank statement reconciliation and promptly record any reconciling items
- Perform month end closing of books for A/P and A/R
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and applicable income statement to ensure accuracy
- Review and maintain cash balances for multiple properties
- Coordinate with Treasury managers for timely wire requests submittals for monthly mortgage payments
- Collaborate with onsite Property Managers and supervisors to produce quality financial statements
- Ability to review operational expenses
Preferred Qualifications for the Senior Accountant:
- 4+ years of construction or property management accounting experience
- Commercial accounting experience is a plus!
- Bachelors Business Degree
- Strong attention to detail, communication, organizational skills