Staff Accountant Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately-held construction company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Staff Accountant Opportunity:
- A family-owned organization that has continued to grow through three generations.
- The company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
- The accounting group alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
Perks of the Staff Accountant role?
- Visible role with reports sent directly to the owners
- Competitive Compensation Package with great benefits
- A laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Staff Accountant role:
- Identifies and tracks projects from their inception into and thru the pre-development phase.
- Prepares supporting documentation for construction loan closings to fund the project.
- Prepare monthly bank draws for each construction project by receiving the monthly construction billings
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts
- Keeps accounting books accurate by accruing expenses, assigning account numbers, requesting disbursements and reconciling accounts.
- Prepares monthly job cost reports for CMs including updating project budgets as needed.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages and delivers to management.
- Prepares and analyses expenses against budget and prepares variance explanations.
- Prepares special lender/investor schedules and ensures compliance with bank requirements.
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting
- 2+ Years of Construction or Property Accounting Experience