Senior Construction Project & AP Coordinator Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately-held construction company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Construction Project & AP Coordinator Opportunity:
- A family-owned organization that has continued to grow through three generations.
- The company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
- The accounting group alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
Perks of the Construction Project & AP Coordinator role?
- Visible role & Direct Point of Contact for all projects under construction!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Construction Project & AP Coordinator role:• Maintains master vendor list verifying new vendors are properly authorized.
- Obtain sub-contractor COI’s and W-9’s insuring compliance with company requirements.
- Processes vendor invoices, credit card charges, and subcontractor bills in accounting software
- Follow up with Project Manager to make sure all change orders are entered
- Contact subcontractors for lien waivers as required and ensures proper lien releases are obtained from vendors before payment.
- Tracks subcontractor’s licenses and insurance to insure both remain current.
- Reconciles credit card statements and follows up with employees as needed.
- Reconciles open payables to vendor statements.
- Matches voucher portion of A/P checks with bills, obtain authorized signatures and files voucher portion in designated areas within the Accounting Department.
- Performs maintenance of accounting record files including annual rotation and archiving of old records.
Preferred Qualifications for the Construction Project & AP Coordinator:
- 4+ Years of Construction Accounting Experience
- Proficiency with Sage 300/Timberline preferred
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree