Controller for an entrepreneurial privately held company with HUGE growth plans!
Perks of the Controller role:
- Company is undergoing major growth!
- Ability to advance in a growing company. Report directly to the CEO
- No travel!
- Work for an entrepreneurial leader.
- Be part of a growing industry (20B) with7% growth expectations in 2020.
What the Controller will do…
- Managing the consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Managing the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems, including implementation of controls surrounding migration to a new ERP system.
- Partnership distribution calculations
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and accounting/medical compliance
- Build accounting forecast model based on historical cost and data
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
What the company needs in a Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Partnership and third party billing experience
- Experience with high growth environments
- Experience with converting from cash basis to accrual basis accounting
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Ability to think analytically, creatively, highly-driven, and self-motivated.
- Strong performer who sets high standards and drives performance to achieve results.