CFS has teamed up with a publicly-traded services company located on the northwest side of Houston. They have been in operation for over 60 years in the Houston market and internationally. This role sits within a team of five and reports directly to the Audit Director. This role will travel 25-35% of the year (mostly internationally). The engagements last from 1-2 weeks, but never more than two.
Why work here?
CFS has worked with this company for over 6 years and hears direct feedback from it’s candidates. Here are some of the things they have said:
“Great work-life balance”
“Lot’s of mentorship here, truly an open-door policy”
“They are so patient, no matter how many mistakes I made early on they stuck with me and helped me every day”
Essential Duties – Senior Auditor
- Plan, organize and perform various audits, including financial, operational, and compliance audit projects.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares accurate and complete working papers that adequately support audit findings and work performed.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations concerning areas being reviewed and discusses them with the auditee.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written draft audit reports and oral presentations to management.
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan, and in developing audit programs and tests.
- Assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to employees and staff on audit and internal control-related areas.
- Assists Director of Internal Audit and participates in special projects/investigations as required.
- In addition to auditing duties, performs testing and related tasks for compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act throughout the year. Presents SOX test results to auditees to ensure accuracy and follows-up on remediation efforts. Maintains a proactive approach to ensure compliance with the SOX requirements – to reduce the risk of a Significant Deficiency or Material Weakness, as defined by the SOX regulations.
Preferences – Senior Auditor
- Four to seven years’ experience of internal and/or external auditing.
- CPA preferred
- SOX experienced preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Holds or can qualify for a US Passport.