ABOUT MY CLIENT:
My client is a financial institution with a large presence in San Antonio, Texas and nationwide. My client operates much like a start up but has the strong solid backing & stability of a 80+ year financial institution. This financial institution always looks to operate in the best interest of its members, employees, and community. Being a part of this organization is more than just being an employee, it is being a part of a family.
My client is growing and adding a Manager to their Mortgage Underwriting team. This role will have the opportunity to work remotely anywhere in the US and will report to the Director in San Antonio, Texas.
PERKS OF THE MANAGER, MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING:
- 100% Remote, anywhere in the US
- Company with massive growth & positive change
- Company with a focus on employee growth and promoting from within
- Ability to have a “seat at the table” to influence build out of processes
- Strong compensation package including base+ bonus & sign on bonus
- Ability to build out and develop your team and bring your top players with you!
- Strong leadership team with an understanding of “real life” and a focus on employee engagement and satisfaction
- Contribute to a great purpose and support dedicated former military members where the loans stick!
- Strong benefits package including:
- 4% 401k match with immediate vesting
- 25 days of leave in first year
- Health & Fitness facilities on site
- Medical, dental, vision, LTD, STD
- Employer paid life insurance (2x annual salary) & Supplemental life insurance
- Educational assistance
- Ongoing training & development
ABOUT THE MANAGER, MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING:
The Manager of Mortgage Underwriting will support the operations staff in maintaining the underwriting quality on all loan files. Validate & analyze findings on credit and compliance quality control reviews according to FNMA, FHLMC, VA and credit union guidelines.
WHAT WILL THE MANAGER, MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING DO?
• Train, Manage, and develop team of Underwriters.
• Complete the monthly scorecards for Underwriters as well as staff performance evaluations, making sure there are no quality issues
• Provide complete overview of the Underwriting quality trending on all Conforming, Conventional, Jumbo & Super Jumbo loans to meet GSE, Appendix Q & credit union guidelines.
• Update the Mortgage Origination Manuals related to Underwriting.
• Validate & analyze reports that identify the responsible parties on findings reported by QC, QA, Loan Delivery, Post Closing, Credit Risk and/or Compliance.
• Provide guidance on escalated underwriting loan scenarios and requirements.
• Works closely with Manager, Loan Delivery to ensure all saleable loans are meeting investor requirements.
• Help move pipeline along and not let loans sit or stagnate
• Help build employee moral when things are tough and as the market ebbs and flows
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A MANAGER, MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING:
- Ability to lead and manage a team remotely
- Strong ability to lead, mentor, grow, and retain talent
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum seven (7) years related work experience in mortgage lending with at least 3 years of underwriting experience.
- Experience managing mortgage operations that involved customer interaction
- Comfortable with conversations with customers and members.
- Seeking a servant leader that desires to be there for their team to help achieve goals and develop their skillsets.
- Seeking someone that brings ideas to the table to better the processes for the team
- Ability to provide insistent honest feedback to team to help coach and develop people.