Creative Financial Staffing has been exclusively retained by a highly reputable Automotive Group to identify a CFO to implement the finance/accounting infrastructure and drive the strategic financial growth of the company.
- The Company: Highly reputable automotive group with 30+ years in the industry. They have multiple dealerships across the state of MA.
- The Growth: Fast-growing company expanding both through acquisition and organic growth.
- Opportunity: As the first professional finance hire, the CFO will be charged with standardizing the financial process, implementing company-wide policies and procedures, partnering with the banks, and building out the accounting/finance infrastructure to support the run rate of the company.
- The Exposure: The CFO will be expected to provide business and operational analysis, strategic insight, and tactical financial support to be an effective business partner and trusted adviser to the President and senior management team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the President, the CFO will oversee all aspects of the day-to-day financial management of the company including: the preparation of the monthly consolidated financial package; management of GL accounts, annual audit and submission of government and related tax returns; and financial planning.
- Implement financial and operational metrics and analytics to present to Executive Management.
- Develop and implement business process improvement initiatives and strategies.
- Increase the company’s ability to anticipate business issues and drive good decision-making through sound financial management.
- Standardize accounting processes and procedures across all dealerships.
- Develop strong banking relationships and implement necessary changes to increase profitability or save money through these relationships.
- Identify deficiencies and further develop guidelines and processes corresponding to the rapid growth of the company.
- Continually review accounting policies and procedures to ensure that the company is compliant with GAAP and statutory accounting
- Implement reliable forecasting tools (P&L, cash flow and balance sheet).
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- C.P.A., M.B.A. or master’s degree in finance is preferred, but not required
- Automotive industry experience required
- 15+ years of experience with 5+ years with a multi-location auto dealership in a VP or CFO capacity
- Experience establishing and implementing process improvement initiatives within a high growth environment
- Strong banking experience