Why work for this company?
- Fortune 500 company with multiple locations throughout the US. One of their top 10 divisions is located in Houston.
- The company is well known for promoting within, so if you are looking to move up, this role may be just right for you!
- Competitive compensation package is provided to all employees
- Directs and supervises accounting staff to ensure adherence to GAAP, strong internal controls, and adherence with Company policies and procedures
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of monthly financial reports, including analyzing budget vs. actual results and reviewing them with management
- Prepares financial forecasts and coordinates with construction functional leaders to prepare and review
- Coordinates all internal and external audit requests
- Facilitates workflow between National Shared Services and Division operations
- Ensures appropriate staffing to meet department needs
- Utilizes recruiting and selection tools/processes to build organizational talent
- Delegates work according to employee’s abilities and skills
- Evaluates employee’s performance and plans for compensation actions in accordance with that performance
- Provides developmental opportunities through identification of internal and external training opportunities
- Creates opportunities for employee growth
- Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & CPA
- Public Accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years Strong knowledge of GAAP Strong knowledge of cash flows, financial reports, and annual reports
- Supervisory experience ( leading or mentoring)