- Located inside a beautiful building
- You will have your own office.
- Health-conscious organization – the company offers free fruit and snacks to employees each day, and catered breakfasts in the morning on Friday.
- Great opportunity for growth!
The Asset Portfolio Accountant maintains the General Ledger for retail properties as assigned, ensuring all transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP and maintains the tenant leases sub-ledger, ensuring tenant leases are properly accounted for.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
- The client is a privately held real estate investment, development, and management company headquartered in Houston, Texas.
- Maintain tenant leases sub-ledger in MRI
- Review (coding, approval) and post A/P invoices
- Verify and post tenant cash receipts
- Invoice miscellaneous charges and bill backs to tenants as needed
- Assist Property Manager and VP of Retail Assets with special projects and be available as a resource
- Generate recurring monthly charges for tenant leases
- Maintain the General Ledger for portfolio as assigned
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Review monthly financial statements
- Calculate and book monthly accrual for CAM and AVTX reimbursements
- Book accruals as needed (utilities, CAM & AVTX recoveries, AVTX expense, percentage rent)
- Assist with collections as needed
- Assist Property Manager with variance reporting
- Process annual AVTX tax statements for payment
- Process annual CAM and AVTX to escrows and invoice balance due or issue credit
- Assist Retail Operations Team with annual budget
- Accounting degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Property Accounting in Office or Retail sectors
- A thorough understanding of the following concepts:
- Tenant Recoveries
- Straight Line Rent
- Percentage rent