Our client, a publicly traded company, is looking for a hands-on Tax Manager to join their team. The Manager will be responsible for the consolidation of the global ASC 740 / FIN 18 income tax provision and SEC reporting. The manager must have advanced knowledge of ASC 740 for a global company. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and has a positive, “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Direct preparation, management, review, and consolidation of ASC 740/FIN 18 income tax provisions, including SEC reporting and coordination with all business reporting teams.
- Establish and maintain processes designed to identify, assess, and calculate uncertain tax position (FIN 48) calculations.
- Direct calculation of the consolidated effective tax rate, draft SEC reporting disclosures, and perform or supervise the detailed review of supporting calculations and work papers.
- Oversee and manage the global data collection requests for tax reporting.
- Manage relationship with financial statement auditor.
- Monitor and implement regulatory changes to GAAP income tax reporting.
- Organize and perform training sessions to educate controllers on data request templates.
- Oversee tax financial reporting controls, ensuring performance and documentation of internal controls.
- Generate and lead the implementation of ideas for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Oversee tax technology (OneSource Tax Provision)
Planning and Research
- Oversee the research of tax accounting for SEC reporting.
- Manage tax due diligence processes.
- Generate and implement ideas to generate cash tax savings and effective income tax rate benefits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required;
- CPA preferred
Minimum of 5 years in tax experience in corporate or public accounting.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Willingness for collaboration and flexibility to assist on special projects as needed.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and implement opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.