Why take an Assistant Controller role with this company?
- Amazing office with great company culture!
- The position is open due to a recent promotion!
- Ability to work with CFO & Controller
Perks of the Assistant Controller role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 8% match on 401K!
- Free Parking
What the Assistant Controller will do….
- Lead a team of five in the areas of accounting and reporting, treasury management and accounts payable in a multi-company organization environment with direct management of four senior accountants and an AP clerk.
- Manage and review the monthly, quarterly and annual closing process including but not limited to account reconciliations, intercompany analysis, fixed asset schedules, bank account reconciliations, payroll entries, and various other journal entries.
- Review monthly and quarterly financial reports including consolidated trial balance with eliminations, cash flows, equity rollforwards, metrics analysis, and cash reports.
- Review entire financial reporting package for the board of directors each quarter with Controller and Accounting Managers.
- Review, approve and assist senior accountants with annual audited financials including requested support, schedules, topsides and footnotes and communicate with external auditors.
- Review, approve and assist senior accountants with annual budget preparation.
- Oversee treasury function including review of daily cash activity and journal entries, manage the short- and medium-term cash forecasting process to ensure entities have enough liquidity to fund working capital commitments and investing cash to maximize investment returns. Review and approve daily/weekly wires and internal transfers.
- Review accounts payable vouchers weekly to ensure proper coding, as well as internal controls, are followed. Oversee annual 1099 processing.
What the company needs in an Assistant Controller:
- BBA – Accounting, CPA required.
- Ten plus years of accounting experience.
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty, and personal integrity.
- Proficient in Excel and knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task.