Construction Controller Opportunity
Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a privately-held construction company headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this incredible team?
About the Company and Construction Controller Opportunity:
- A family-owned organization that has continued to grow through three generations.
- The company voted as one of the Best Places to Work in Houston for over a decade!
- The accounting group alone added 9 new positions this past year through growth from acquisitions.
Perks of the Construction Controller role?
- Visible role & Direct Point of Contact for all projects under construction!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- A laid-back and collaborative environment
Overview of the Construction Controller role:
- Overseeing and directing all accounting and reporting for construction activities for the projects from conception through completion.
- Procuring the lien wavers / releases before payments are released.
- Perform and/or supervise regular G/L accounting and job cost accounting functions and prepare financial reporting, tracking against budget, special lender/investor schedules, and bank compliance items.
- The employee is expected to understand and manage the process of flows throughout the construction process and controls within the accounting department.
Preferred Qualifications for the Construction Controller:
- Bachelor’s in accounting or similar degree
- 4+ Years of Construction Accounting Experience
- Proficiency with Sage 300/Timberline
- Knowledge of Job Cost in Sage 300