Why take a Staff Accountant role with this company?
- Amazing office with a great company culture!
- The manager is ready to train and mentor and share their knowledge base.
- Ability to see new Investments come on board
Perks of the Staff Accountant role:
- Very visible role.
- Strong medical benefit package
- 8% match on 401K!
What the Staff Accountant will do:
- Record weekly, monthly and quarterly transactions in the general ledger related to public securities including dividend income, interest, gain/loss, foreign tax withholding, and management fees
- Perform monthly close duties included but not limited to:
- Reconciliations of cash, interest, dividends, gain or loss on sales, fair market value, cost and foreign taxes between custodial statements and the general ledger
- Perform monthly reconciliations between Addepar and the general ledger
- Maintain accrued interest schedule for bonds
- Post-Fair Market Value adjustments to the general ledger
- Import offline fund transactions and valuations
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly securities reports for Management Committee and Investment Committee
- Prepare quarterly Board reports for marketable securities
- Prepare schedules and provide requests for several external audits including for-profit and non-profit companies
- Assist in the preparation of budgeting and forecasting schedules for the annual budget
- Maintain relations with custodians, request trades, and manage accounts
- Cross-train on accounting, reporting and performance measurement for alternative (private) investments
- Assist Manager of Investment Accounting with reporting and special requests as needed
What the company needs in a Staff Accountant:
- BBA – Accounting
- Two to three years of accounting experience
- Proven track record as an effective team player and good interpersonal relationships
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Uncompromised reputation for discretion, honesty and personal integrity
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Proficient in Excel