Our client is looking for a true leader. The ideal candidate is someone who loves to train, mentor their staff. This role reports to the CFO and manages a staff of 10. 60M Budget.
- Manage the financial reporting processes, the general ledger system, and reports.
- Generate monthly financial statements for all entities on a timely basis, through the use of automated techniques that reduce manual intervention.
- General Accounting activities including daily operations, maintenance of general ledger, financial review, and analysis to ensure completion, treasury, and payroll
- Maintain a standard chart of accounts, departmental units and other reporting structures and key components of the general ledger.
- Ensure thorough preparation and supervision, the monthly closing of all companies on a timely basis. Closing includes the issuance of the monthly income statement, balance sheet, reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, reconciliation of fund balances, investment activity, development schedules ), preparation of journal entries, etc.
- Monitors and prepares the timely completion of account reconciliations and the accuracy of the general ledger, including timely integration of monthly accounting and payroll transactions.
- Plans, prepares and coordinates the annual financial statement audit
- Manages preparation and submission of tax returns and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Work with the Human Resource team as it relates to payroll including; pay policies, benefits, compensation, etc.
- Oversee timely completion of the annual operating budget with all key members of management who have budgetary responsibility
- Oversee the development and management of the capital budget. Monitors the cash requirements of the organization. Prepare cash forecasts on a weekly basis derived from daily history, and incorporating other known trends.
- Manage and prepare other accounting projects including; PBGC, accounting policy and procedures, bank covenants, insurance policies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- CPA preferred
- 10 years of experience in accounting with 5 years supervisory experience.
- Well-developed knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles including knowledge of not-for-profit accounting and reporting, treasury, payroll, fixed assets, AP/AR, statistics, etc.;
- Public Accounting Audits of Financial Statements