CFS has teamed up with a Non-for-Profit who is looking to add an Accounting Clerk to their team.. We are searching for someone who is very mission-driven!
Under general supervision, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for maintaining accurate accounting records, general ledgers and vendor files. Additional responsibilities include preparing month-end account reconciliations and assisting with audit reporting at year-end.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Enters prepared journal entries into the general ledger.
- Establishes and maintains a sub-ledger that interfaces with the general ledger.
- Maintains vendor files including W-2 forms and prepares 1099 documentation.
- Maintains accounting reporting schedules.
- Enters invoices into the accounting system and prepares check runs.
- Prepares deposits and enters into the accounting system.
- Maintains accounting records and files.
- Assists with monthly grant billing and year-end audit preparation.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training in accounting or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires strong A/P skills.