Creative Financial Staffing has recently partnered with a 90-year-old Not for Profit organization headquartered in Houston, TX. Are you ready to join this vibrant community?
About the Not for Profit and Director of Finance & Operations Opportunity:
- They have been in service to the Houston community for almost a century!
- The foundation of their group is built upon service to others, individuality, intellectual integrity, and building relationships.
- The role presents an opportunity to work hand in hand with the senior leadership team to shape and grow their organization.
- They WANT you to actively make recommendations to help them continually improve.
Perks of the Director of Finance & Operations role?
- This role makes a real impact on the community and future of Houston!
- Open, diverse, and collaborative environment
- New senior management team!
Overview of the Director of Finance & Operations role:
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and oversight of financial operations
- Supervise accounting, IT, and facilities staff
- Work closely with senior management team to visualize and develop financial policy and strategies
- Develops and recommends budget strategies and plans for formulation of the Capital Campaign and Operating budgets.
- Supervises Business Office activities involving accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash, financial aid, general ledger, purchasing, employee benefit administration and HR, and other accounting systems.
- Maintain professional relationships with banks, attorneys, external auditors, investors, insurance, provides, contractors, and vendors.
- Attend all monthly finance meetings, Board of Trustees meetings and Capital Campaign Committees.
- Provide complete and accurate management and financial information to the board.
- Administers/oversees all employee programs and policies as they relate to hiring and termination procedures, employment contracts, payroll, medical benefits, pension program, time off (paid and unpaid), Workers’ Compensation, FMLA, safety, training, unemployment benefits, and compensation, and ensures confidentiality and safekeeping of all records.
- Leads the development of an IT Strategic Plan and IT operations policies.
- Works with insurance advisors and brokers to ensure adequate, appropriate and cost-effective insurance
Preferred Qualifications for the Director of Finance & Operations:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in accounting or similar degree
- CPA or CPA Track Preferred
- 8+ years of financial management experience
- Not for Profit Experience preferred