CFS has teamed up with a privately held retail organization that is looking for a Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing general accounting support for a multi-unit / multi-legal entity operation. This position is primarily responsible for general accounting duties including a strong emphasis on Balance Sheet reconciliations and Financial Statement analysis. The Staff Accountant will work closely with our operations’ managers and uses their analytical skills to help the Executive and Management teams run their business more efficiently.
Why work for this company?
1. Work-Life Balance
2. Work Hard Play Hard culture
3. Small family company environment with big company revenues
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs general accounting duties to include Journal Entries and Accruals
- Assists with month end closing of financial statements.
- Performs reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts and Profit & Loss statements for multiple locations and report variances.
- Work with other team members to research and resolve differences or variances.
- Analyze expenditures to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Monthly inventory reconciliations
- Ensures accounts receivables are collected in a timely manner
- Review daily sales and cash entries at the store level.
- Daily cash deposit management and investigating abnormalities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2 years of accounting experience
- Proven project management skills, meet deadlines, and demonstrated the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.