Responsible for most complex activities associated with general ledger, financial/operating reports, and/or budget analysis.
• Prepare financial reports, and review and verify accuracy.
• Consolidates and conducts complex analysis of accounting and financial information.
• Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
• Conducts research and analysis and prepares strategic recommendations to management based on the analysis.
• Identifies control weaknesses, communications to management to tighten and enhance controls and mitigate risk.
• Makes appropriate journal entries to the general ledger.
• Leads monthly and annual reconciliations and close activities for assigned accounts.
• Works with the company’s SOX auditors; tracks audit findings;
• 5 plus years of experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Cost Accounting experience a plus.
• Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel.
• Expert level experience with QuickBooks
• Self-Driven work ethic.