The Manager is responsible for design, monitoring and maintenance activities related to the company-wide internal controls to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”). The position will assist in the evaluation of the effectiveness of controls and the control environment, and document and remediate any deficiencies identified. Provide guidance to process owners on ongoing compliance with existing controls, as well as manage the documentation of controls and process flows.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards.
- Manage all aspects of SOX requirements for Inc. and its global business units, including ensuring the adequacy of the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment.
- Oversee the preparation, evaluation, and maintenance of the inventory of SOX control documentation.
- Manage timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual compliance-related processes, including quarterly certifications and management’s annual assessment of control design and operating effectiveness.
- Interface with internal and external auditors on internal controls testing and the results thereof.
- Identify opportunities to standardize and advise of best practices in internal control designs, including recommending changes in controls that will improve operating efficiency.
- Assist in the disposition and monitoring of the internal audit points identified by Audit Services, including a review of significant financial control test results with the underlying process owner. Analyze the solution and confirm its sustainability, as well as work with the businesses to drive sustainable solutions that mitigate the identified risks reported in Audit Services reports.
- Assist in the timely and sustainable remediation of deficiencies, including the preparation of a root cause analysis of the controls which are not operating consistently.
- Develop solutions to track pervasiveness of internal risks and work to reduce such risks.
- Identify areas of process/continuous improvements while working with the businesses to streamline controls and embed them within the local processes.
- Assist in the development of an internal control concept in a changing environment (e.g. acquisitions, consolidating ERP systems, centralization of functions into a shared services environment, and other initiatives as they arise).
- Oversee the preparation, evaluation, and maintenance of Global Accounting and Finance Policies.
- Establish and provide appropriate training and communications associated with corporate procedures, policies and associated requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of experience with a combination of both public accounting, with an emphasis in internal controls over financial reporting.
- Requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills, solid relationship management skills and ability to build and grow connections with people of all types and backgrounds.
- Has independent critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills, and is comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to navigate