- Assist Controller with purchase accounting and other high-level accounting matters.
- Valued team member for review of all SEC filings, comment letter responses, and other externally published financial statements.
- Works closely with the CAO on other financial reporting issues as required.
- Lead technical assistance to the Corporate Accounting team on accounting for complex transactions.
- Oversee consistent process with effective controls for raising, evaluating and documenting technical issues.
- Keep current on new accounting and SEC regulations, proposed regulations, and agenda items of standard setters.
- Present and educate executives on new accounting standards and the accounting for complex transactions.
- Develop and implement readiness plans for the adoption of upcoming standards (e.g. revenue recognition, lease accounting, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting is required. CPA required
- 8-10 yrs experience in financial accounting and experience dealing with complex accounting issues.
- Public Accounting background
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP is essential
- Highly self-sufficient and knowledgeable to make decisions and serve as a resource for other accountants.
- Flexibility to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines and perform self-review of work product for quality in a dynamic environment.
- Well organized, able to prioritize, and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive continuous improvement and ensure the achievement of company goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential.