Why work for this company!
- Global Fortune 500 company
- Over 400 subsidiaries with one of them in Pearland, Texas!
- CFS has successfully placed several people on their accounting team
- Company is a leader in the chemicals business.
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package.
- Over 100,000 employees worldwide with a small company feel.
- Planning, studying and collecting data to determine costs of business activity, such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor
- Development and analysis of monthly revenue cost reporting and forecasts
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine the effects on cost
- Estimate new and proposed product costs as well as product changes
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products
- Analyze the profitability of special pricing suggestions/programs
- Reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Update balance sheet reconciliations: prior to recurring journals, after journals have been posted and once the month is closed prior to final Trial Balance
- Complete month end close process for costing
- Ensure the accuracy of the Company’s inventories including the adequacy of physical count procedures and reliability of reported physical inventory results.
- Perform special projects and analyses to assist management in interpreting trends impacting the business.
- Address low/negative margin sales through costing review
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of progressive Accounting experience