Our client is a publicly traded oil & gas company with locations all over the world. One of their plant locations is adding a staff accountant to their team. The ideal candidate should have 2 to 3 years of general accounting experience and enjoy working with operations at a plant setting.
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing. Explain variances from the forecast. Monitor performance to key financial and operating goals.
- Coordinate analysis related to product line profitability and expense variance analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with USGAAP and compliance to internal policies, reconciliation of inter-company transactions.
- Assist in audits, providing requested information on a timely basis.
- Maintain a listing of all completed Journal Entries and Schedules assuring completion in the designated time
- Interface with management in various departments, providing information and various analyses on a daily basis.
- Support special projects or financial analysis when needed by management.
- Support initiatives for process improvements such as cost accounting, expense analysis and margin analysis or other opportunities. Work directly with the Accounting Manager and Accounting staff in completing essential accounting/finance functions of the company.
- Assist in completion of the full accounting cycle including journal entries, fixed asset tracking, and supporting tasks for submitting monthly financials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Finance or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience or Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Beginning to intermediate skills required in MS Excel and Word.