Our client is growing and adding an Operations Controller to one of their largest branch locations. The company is publicly traded with well over 1 Billion dollars in sales and locations all over the world. The Operations Controller will be located in Pasadena, Texas and will supervise a team of 14. We are looking for a team player who loves to interact with operations and train/mentor a large team.
This role focuses on the financial aspects of an operating district serving as a liaison between operational management and corporate finance. The position requires the understanding and ability to convey financial insight to local operational management to allow for informed business decisions.
Essential Job Functions
- Owns the district billing and collections process to ensure timeliness and accuracy to enhance cash collection cycle.
- Accountable for unbilled revenue performance and provide status reports to facilitate timely billing
- Reviews the recording of period-end accruals and deferrals to ensure consistency with GAAP and company policy
- Supervise other district processes related to accounts payable and payroll
- Supervise month-end financial reporting close process
- Prepares management reports including KPI’s and variance analysis with explanations
- Prepares trend analysis and suggests improvements to management when appropriate to align costs with revenue
- Maintain an effective local internal control environment and ensure district complies with applicable policies and procedures
- Responsible for effectively managing inventory levels and costs
- Ensure the accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items on a quarterly basis
- Collaborates with operational management and the Division Business Analyst to develop annual budgets and track results to budget
- Assists Division Business Analyst in compiling and adjusting forecasts throughout the year
- Provides timely, accurate data and reports to management as requested to proactively influence sound business decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Five (5) to Seven (7) years’ of experience with a mix of public and industry experience preferred
- Extensive MS Excel experience (advanced functions like VLOOKUP and pivot tables)
- Proficient with other MS Office products
- Ability to rapidly summarize and communicate ideas and concepts
- Detail oriented with the ability to prioritize and think analytically
- Capacity to understand, analyze and summarize financial data in a clear concise manner to both financial and operational management