- Plan, organize and perform various audits, including financial, operational, and compliance audit projects.
- Performs audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers surveys, composes summary memos, and prepares accurate and complete working papers that adequately support audit findings and work performed.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations concerning areas being reviewed and discusses them with the auditee.
- Communicates or assists in communicating the results of audit and consulting projects via written draft audit reports and oral presentations to management.
- Identifies and evaluates the organization’s risk areas and provides key input to the development of the Annual Audit Plan, and in developing audit programs and tests.
- Assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to employees and staff on audit and internal control-related areas.
- Strong knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, and management principles and preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally up to 40%.
- Knowledge of management information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
- Experience with Oracle Financials a plus.
- Strong PC skills, including using Microsoft Office products and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and analyses.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Foreign language skills a plus, but not required.
- Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Strong knowledge of the SOX Act and compliance requirements.
- Four to seven years’ experience of internal and/or external auditing.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Holds or can qualify for a US Passport.
- IT audit experience a plus.
- Professional certifications a plus (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA) preferred.