The Financial Reporting Manager will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of Sterling’s SEC filings, including 10Qs and 10K, and coordination with the legal team with respect to the Proxy Statement and other required filings. es.
- Lead the company’s SEC compliance efforts, including strategy, project planning, analysis of requirements, document support, preparation and review, and filings (e.g. 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, Proxy, SD, etc.).
- Conduct technical research as needed to support SEC filings and prepare position papers and other documentation as appropriate.
- Prepares explanations and analysis of significant or unusual variances in actual results from budget, forecasts and prior periods, as needed.
- Assists in preparing the financial statements and other documents required under bank covenants, state contractor qualification and licensing requirements, surety agreements and other public reporting requirements in accordance with GAAP.
- Assists in preparing and distributing materials for quarterly Board meetings.
- Maintains compliance with SOX over Financial Reporting and documenting changes as they occur.
- Participates in the annual financial planning and reporting process
- Provides M&A due diligence and integration support, including financial reporting for acquisitions or mergers utilizing knowledge of consolidation accounting.
- BA or BS in Accounting. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience, preparing key SEC filings, including, but not limited to, Forms 10-K, 10-Q, related MD&A and footnote disclosures, etc.
- Experience with consolidations, budgeting & forecasting, and analysis of financial statements.
- Big 4 or National firm public accounting experience, E&C SEC clients preferred.