Our client has been in business for over 50 years and is publicly traded. They are growing and adding a Lead Accountant to their team due to a recent promotion. We are searching for a candidate who would love to move up within the company and become a Controller someday!
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual operating budget/forecast on line item basis. Prepare budget updates when requested by region/corporate.
- Reconcile or review general ledger accounts with corporate accounting (prepaid inventory, development jobs, earnest money deposits, etc.
- Maintain general ledger
- Management of A/P staff (2)
- Oversee all cash receipts and deposits of the division
- Prepare or review job starts and journal entries for starts
- Interface with senior management and regional accounting staff
- Verify that cash receipt entries and all journal entries are entered into AS400
- Update Business Plan and Budgets
Accounting Manager Experience
- Accounting Degree
- 3 to 5 years of Accounting / Audit experience.
- Construction experience a plus
- CPA motivated or in process
Our client is looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join their successful company.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
#accountant #construction #sugarland #hiring #jobs