- Manage the activities of the accounting department to ensure that information is prepared accurately and in accordance with applicable GAAP and Company policies and documented procedures.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of potential issues.
- Assists in the formulation of cost accounting systems and procedures to accurately reflect the operations and status of the Company and assist management in directing and controlling operations.
- Leads audit coordination with internal and external auditors for the division.
- Leads in the preparation of the month-end and year-end closing processes ensuring that the process is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepares monthly and year-end financial reports based on information finalized in month-end and year-end closing. Performs analytical and benchmarking procedures to ensure accuracy.
- Reviews company financial statements for accuracy, and as required, seeks clarification from management of operational units on accounting data discrepancies.
- Ability to complete the tasks for each accounting department, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, project accounting, tax and treasury. Constantly monitors accounting group to ensure proper education and training and implements a plan for cross-training all departments.
- Day to day accounting tasks which include reviewing and approving reconciliations, journal entries, maintaining the chart of accounts, monitoring cash flow and continuous process improvement of all tasks.
- Oversee the accounting department
- Preparation of divisional budget annually.
- A B. S. Degree in Accounting is required with a minimum of 8 years experience in all Accounting functions with an emphasis in Construction Cost Accounting and Percentage of Completion revenue recognition on long-term fixed-price contracts.
- Experience with computerized financial systems in a construction or manufacturing environment is required.
- CPA required. SEC and Big 4 experience is preferred.