The Finance Director will lead a team focused on the revitalization of affordable-housing in the greater Houston area. The Finance Director reports to the Executive Director and will be responsible for the financial management, accounting and risk systems.
Duties of the Finance Director
- Preparing budgets and financial reports
- Reviewing expenditures for compliance with contracts
- Maintenance of insurance policies
- Supervising Asset Manager responsible for oversight of rental housing portfolio
- Providing oversight for technical operating systems (IT, telephones and office equipment)
- Administering employee benefit plans including health care coverage and Avenue’s 401(k) plan
- Excellent people skills, experience collaborating in a multidisciplinary and diverse team
- Resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
- Effectiveness in leading professionals in finance and accounting
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Avenue’s mission and values.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (MA/MBA preferred) in Business, Management, Accounting, or Finance. CPA preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of five years in financial management and accounting, preferably in the non-profit sector, including budgeting, reporting, audit, and compliance.
- Computer Skills: Ability to work with IT staff to implement new systems to increase efficiency.