Responsible for conducting, monitoring and supervising finance and accounting operational processes, tools and activities. Administers and supervises the day to day accounting work ensuring timely completeness and integrity of financial information. Generally responsible for the end-to-end process in the assigned jurisdiction while maintaining standardized practices, internal controls and procedures. Works towards the continuous improvement of assigned jurisdiction. Manage through supervisory staff or directly manage general accounting staff in multiple sites. Handles special projects, as assigned.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage accounting functions and prepare reports and statistics reflecting earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results.
• Formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations; manage general accounting staff.
• Partner with Operations Managers to support corporate objectives and drive financial/operational targets set forth by upper management.
• Perform the monthly closing activities including preparation of the cost to operate statement along with supporting analysis.
• Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities to operations management
• Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers.
• Ensure financial results are reported accurately and timely.
• Relevant professional certification such as CPA, CA, local equivalent or Master’s in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred.
• 8+ years of finance experience preferably in Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing industry including 2+ years of management experience.