Tax Manager is primarily responsible for the Company’s U.S. tax compliance. The tax manager will also assist with the global income tax provision, tax planning, and tax research.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- (50%) Tax Compliance
- (40%) Tax Provision
- (10%) Planning and Research
- Ensure development and execution of annual tax compliance project plan.
- Calculate and file federal and state estimated tax payments.
- Direct preparation of the consolidated federal and state income tax returns.
- Direct resolution of federal tax notices; manage information responses to federal tax audits, including drafting an initial review of all document requests.
- Generate and lead process improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide support to business lines for indirect taxation.
- Direct preparation, management, review, and consolidation of ASC 740/FIN 18 income tax provisions, including SEC reporting and coordination with all business reporting teams.
- Establish and maintain processes designed to identify, assess, and calculate uncertain tax position (FIN48) calculations.
- Direct calculation of the consolidated effective tax rate, draft SEC reporting disclosures and perform or supervise the detailed review of supporting calculations and work papers.
- Manage relationship with financial statement auditor.
- Monitor and implement regulatory changes to GAAP income tax reporting.
- Organize and perform training sessions to ensure worldwide tax compliance.
- Oversee tax financial reporting controls, ensuring performance and documentation of internal controls.
- Generate and lead the implementation of ideas for process improvements and efficiencies.
Planning and Research
- Assist with tax federal and state tax research projects
- Assist with the tax due diligence processes.
- Assist in creating and executing tax planning strategies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks efficiently, timely and accurately
- Strong accounting, analytical, organizational, decision-making and administrative skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate technical tax issues with non-tax personnel, and communicate persuasively and effectively with field controllers and senior management
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented and well-organized.
- Ability to manage, interpret, and report on complicated and voluminous data.
- Ability to manage effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a time-sensitive environment.
- Positive, “Whatever it takes” attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required;
- CPA required.
- Minimum of 5 years in tax experience in a corporate, public accounting.
- Must be a strong executor who has the ability to assist with strategy development at all levels of the organization to drive business performance.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and implement opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Experience in the oil & gas sector is a plus.