Our client is adding a Cost Accountant to their team due to a recent promotion. The company is global and growing! We are looking for an Accountant with one year of Standard or Average Costing experience. This person must be able to work well with operations and the accounting team. They will be lead by a Senior Cost Accountant who is more than willing to train!
- Classifies labor, material and overhead costs to compute the unit cost of product or service.
- Records cost data for use by management in controlling expenditures.
- Determines and installs cost accounting methods and procedures.
- Analyzes actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances.
- Prepares estimates of new or proposed product costs.
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Excel: Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
- 1 year of cost accounting experience (labor, overhead, cost analysis)