- Prepares all of the federal, state income/franchise, and (possibly) international tax returns.
- Complies with federal, state, local and SEC requirements by studying regulations; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions; communicating with attorneys and company transfer agent to ensure timely tax and SEC reporting requirements; and preparing discrimination testing for 401K plan.
- Oversees the quarterly and year-end tax provision (separate company and consolidated)
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual income tax disclosures
- Oversite over transfer pricing studies for U.S. and cross-border transactions
- Manages all preparation/review cash tax forecasts for corporate budgeting and forecasting
- Manages the preparation/review quarterly tax fixed asset schedules and tax fixed asset roll-forwards
- Manages the preparation/review state decoupling adjustments for state tax returns
- Oversees the preparation/review tax account reconciliation schedules
- Manages and coordinates federal/state/international income/franchise tax audits
- Oversee process by which tax research is conducted
- Frequent and regular interactions with the corporate accounting group, and other Functional leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s degree in taxation or accounting a plus.
- Minimum 12+ years of U.S. federal and state corporate tax experience, either in-house with U.S. multinational corporations or in public accounting, preferably Big Four.
- CPA is highly preferred or JD
- Big 4 audit experience a plus
- Expert knowledge of ASC 740 (FAS 109, FIN 48, FIN 18, APB 23)
- Proven ability to develop a U.S. Tax Strategy
- Strong analytical skills and a broad understanding of U.S. Corporate Tax Law
- Experience working in a publicly traded company.