***located close to Memorial City Mall****
Our client is growing and adding a Senior Staff Accountant to their team. The ideal candidate is an independent self-starter driven by a passion to impact positive change, a desire for continuous improvement of policies, processes, and procedures, and possesses a positive attitude in order to achieve excellence in a high energy environment.
The basic function of this position is to perform general accounting duties that will support the Controller and Accounting Manager with general accounting functions including general ledger accounting, cash management, and management reporting. As part of the corporate function, the accounting role will perform internal audit functions that require analysis and research.
- The closing of the modules including the general ledger for all companies.
- Preparation of financial statements.
- Preparation of audit schedules to flow to Accounting Manager for review.
- Income statement variance analysis of actual vs. budget and current month vs. prior periods.
- Data entry of cash transfers.
- Analysis of AP Accrual report. Includes working with AP personnel and purchasing departments at various locations.
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliation.
- Run monthly inventory detail reports.
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly sales tax returns.
- Special projects as needed.
- 1099 preparation.
- Auto allowance calculation.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Accounting Degree, or equivalent experience
- 2 – 4 years of total experience in industry, public accounting, or a general accounting role
- Problem solver, Team player, Multi-tasker, self-starter
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
- Attention to detail and accuracy required