This position is responsible for completing moderately complex financial processes. This includes identifying the need for accrual entries, preparing amortization schedules for prepaid and deferred items, reconciling general ledger account balances and preparing to correct entries identified during that reconciliation.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Masters Degree (preferred)
- At least 3 years experience with SAP
- Current working knowledge of SAP – BPC preferred
- Strong analytical & reconciliation skills required
- Perform monthly/quarterly financial closing and consolidation processes, with multiple consolidation scopes.
- Validate accuracy and completeness of master data and transactional data loads. Record monthly entries for all equity investments based on financial statements provided.
- Research inter-company discrepancies prior to month-end closing, and work to resolve with various groups within the Controller’s organization. Ensure various eliminations are performed properly within the consolidation hierarchy.
- Perform monthly equity analysis to record net income of subsidiaries onto the parent level entities. Perform changes to the ownership manager as necessary.
- Earnings Analysis – Prepare and analyze comparison of current month results to prior month results as well as current month estimated results.
- Identify factors impacting those results.
- Prepare corporate revenue/expense analysis; gross margin analysis and an analysis of actual expenses compared to planned operations as required.
- Maintain documentation for the area supported to perform trend analysis as needed.
- GAAP Accounting – Perform continuous review and evaluation of transactions within assigned area to ensure recorded results are in agreement with generally accepted accounting principles.