Our client is growing leaps and bounds! They just promoted their Plant Accounting Manager and are looking to back fill this role! We are looking for Accounting professionals with a combination of GL and Manufacturing Accounting experience. The Plant Accounting Manager is the right hand to the GM. The position is located in Pearland and there could be future growth opportunities all over the Houston area.
• Serve as primary Finance support for 50M dollar business line, with responsibility for all associated accounting, financial planning and analysis.
• Coordinate monthly close schedule/tasks with the accounting group to ensure deadlines are met.
• Lead the annual budgeting process for the business.
• Maintain the rolling financial forecast and partner with operations to drive achievement of financial/operational objectives
• Provide oversight of the manufacturing/cost accounting process and associated annual inventory revaluation
• Analyze customer pricing, as well as manufacturing/supply chain costs and work with business management to make recommendations on actions to drive business profitability
• Monitor inventory cycle count program to ensure the counts are in compliance with company policy.
• Confirm internal control environment within divison is operating effectively and in line with company policies.
• Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies, reconciliation of inter-company transactions.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent.
• 6+ years of finance experience preferably in Oil & Gas and/or Manufacturing industry including 2+ years of management experience. SOX!
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Experience in leading mid-sized groups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Commitment to customer service and ability to work in team-oriented environment.