Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Treasury will be responsible for managing the cash flow, investments, real estate, capital projects, debt, and risk of the company and its related entities. Responsible for leadership in capital planning and financing. Develops innovative approaches, processes and growth strategies. Performs data analysis to inform management decision making.
Essential functions and responsibilities
Cash Reporting and Forecasting • Develops processes and systems to determine daily cash position including tracking and managing intercompany funding. Manages treasury operations. • Monitors cash balances. Oversees cash management to maintain liquidity. Reviews and approves all outgoing ACH’s and wire transfers. • Prepares short and long term cash forecasts.
External Institutions and Relationships
- Manages key relationships with financial institutions, banks, lenders, investment managers, attorneys, and title companies. • Assists and advises churches with real estate, debt and cash flow matters. • Monitors changing economic environments.
- Reviews proposals and selects investment managers. • Manages investment advisors and portfolios including participating funds. • Explores and analyzes new investment vehicles, particularly alternative investments, to maximize liquidity and preserve capital. • Assists with programs to manage oil and gas, lignite, commodities, and alternative investments.
Capital Budgeting, Development, and Strategic Planning
- Manages capital requirements and budgeting processes. Prepares models, pro-formas and forecasts to support growth. Identifies tactical initiatives. • Assists in developing strategic business plans. Prepares and monitors performance measures to support strategic direction. • Examines real estate and building proposals. Develops metrics to weigh alternatives. • Performs analysis of potential capital projects, remodeling and development of new sites. • Assists in integration efforts of mission outreach, controller, legal and foundation functions to achieve capital objectives.
- Obtains lines of credit and other debt instruments to minimize interest expense and debt costs. • Assists in arranging debt financing and offerings such as REITS to Finance site acquisitions and other ventures. • Determines corporate guarantees debt of affiliates. • With Legal, executes transactions including financial analysis and board materials.
- Coordinates with central insurance shared services organization to develop a risk tolerance profile. Maximizes coverage and minimizes cost. Considers weaknesses and mitigates risk. • Maintains appropriate insurance coverage. • Monitors open insurance claims.
Internal Control and Stewardship
- Considers the impact of regulatory changes on recording and reporting of assets and debt including required disclosures. • Reviews new investment funds and types of securities with Controller’s group to ensure appropriate GAAP accounting and statutory reporting. • Establishes and maintains strong internal controls within Treasury to ensure asset protection and data integrity.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 10 years of progressive responsibilities within finance. • Excel skills and experience with other Microsoft Office products; • Detail oriented with strong organization and management skills; • Ability to prioritize, be flexible, and respond to change; • Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills
- MBA or CPA preferred.
Diane Delgado LeMaire | Senior Managing Director, Executive Search & Branch Manager | Creative Financial Staffing (CFS)
5718 Westheimer Suite 800, Houston, Texas 77057