Come be part of an amazing team and a top 100 Houston employer! Benefits rich company with great travel destinations like Miami and DC! Travel is 3 to 4 days a week (approx. 20 weeks) out of the year. That includes local Houston travel. This company knows how to work hard, but have fun as well.
- Perform audit procedures as defined by the Department’s onsite audit programs for all owned or managed properties on a rotating basis and as assigned by the Internal Audit Senior.
- Meet with onsite management to review property audit results and obtain management responses.
- Complete and submit test results documented in predefined workpapers to Internal Audit Senior and clearing all review comments.
- Prepare the initial draft management report within the required time frame and submitting to Internal Audit Senior and clearing all review comments.
- Responsible for all other onsite property audit procedures as assigned by the department’s management.
- Understand and evaluate internal controls related to assigned SOX areas.
- Identify control deficiencies and make recommendations to management for improvement.
- Perform significant SOX control testing, preparing workpapers, and submitting those workpapers for review and clearing comments.
- Responsible for performing onsite construction type audits and reporting results to management.
- Perform audit procedures and special projects as assigned by department management during non-SOX testing periods.
- Responsible for meeting strict time deadlines and Internal Audit Plan criteria.
- Requires excellent organization, ability to self-manage, meet time deadlines, and excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of staff and management.
- Expectation is to be actively pursuing passing CPA exam.
- 1-2 years audit and industry experience
- Expectation is to be actively pursuing passing CPA exam or be eligible to sit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance