- Demonstrate an understanding of COBIT, COSO and related frameworks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of general business operations and the supporting role of information systems.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of applications and IT general controls including security administration, program change management, program development, and computer operations.
- Develop a thorough understanding of professional standards and their relation to IT Advisory Services.
- Execute engagement planning for basic or recurring engagements.
- Execute the engagement plan in more complex IT areas.
- Research issues and best practices and make recommendations thereon.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments of varying sizes and complexity within given timeframe and budget.
- Exhibit initiative, sense of responsibility, and independence by following through on open items and issues to obtain completion.
- Develop and assist in the training of other staff; create an environment that fosters learning.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform, and deliver work independently with limited supervision on smaller engagements.
- Supervise staff members on multiple concurrent engagements.
- Monitor and supervise progress of Associates and Interns, where applicable, and provide performance feedback as needed.
- Assist in the review of work papers prepared by engagement staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or other relevant field.
- 2- 3 + years or more equivalent experience (public accounting / external audit, internal audit, information technology and/or staff accountant responsibilities).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic familiarity with GAAP, GAAS and IIA standards.
- Proficient at Microsoft Office product suite.
- Knowledge of IT controls and how they affect the control environment. COBIT, COSO, and related standards preferred.