Motor Fuels Excise Tax experience a HUGE plus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Controller:
Directs financial activities for all companies by performing the following duties
- Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department for the accurate and timely processing of financial management including, but not limited to, daily cash management, bank reconciliation’ (Multi-state accounts), ACH Notification, ACH drafting of customer accounts, internal and external monthly financial statements, coordinating the month-end and year-end closing process and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivables to ensure the accurate and timely management of all Accounts Receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc; funding service management which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Oversee the activities of the Accounts Payables, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance. Resolve / answer any A/P Vendor inquires and/or discrepancies.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Advise management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities. Direct determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee Payroll Administrator. Serve as quality control for Payroll function.
- F.E.T. Return / EPA Reporting
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Controller:
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax and banking working knowledge.
- Should have 10 years’ experience in all aspects of accounting.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, problem solving and analytical skills required.
Education and Experience Required for the Controller:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance plus CPA certification. Must have 10 years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.