• Lead all the closing activities for certain of the companies, including the preparation and distribution of the monthly and annual financial statements, including cash flow
• Calculate and process closing entries in line with agreed timelines for certain key accounts including deferred revenue, accruals other than AP, payroll, non-controlling interests and other equity related transactions.
• Assist with other routine closing activities. Help to develop, update and maintain the monthly, quarterly and annual closing checklists to ensure that all financial statements are complete, accurate and properly reviewed.
• Provide monthly analysis and reports on certain key companies / accounts. Review and check, understand the drivers and trends and document findings.
• Prepare certain monthly and quarterly Balance Sheet reconciliations covering all the accounts within the Balance Sheet for review by the Corporate Accounting Senior Manager and Manager.
• Support the interim and annual audit processes
• Integrate into the existing processing and reporting processes (journals and reconciliations). Assist with any transition planning and execution.
• Assist with the development of accounting and reporting “best practices”. Examples include the efficient gathering and processing of data, establishing standard journal entries, the smooth integration of new companies, establishing weekly, monthly and annual, documented effective routines.
• Provide special analysis, research or support as requested by management.
Accounting degree/Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required. CPA or Chartered Accountant preferred.
• 8- 10 years of accounting and reporting experience required, including audit experience.
• Builds trusted relationships.
• Inspires innovation and drives continuous improvement.
• Attention to detail and commitment to functional excellence. High level of organizational skills.
• Strong verbal and writing communication skills.
• Delivers high performance. Makes quality decisions.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with all levels; team player. Helps to create effective teams.
• Systems aptitude and process orientation a plus.