The Fixed Asset Accountant will also have the responsibility for managing and overseeing all activities related to fixed asset accounting in compliance with internal controls and the company’s capitalization policy, including the maintenance and reconciliation of the Fixed Assets accounting system in QuickBooks/Great Plains Dynamics.
- Oversee monthly recording of assets, including the analysis of changes in cost and accumulated depreciation accounts
- Ensure that Fixed Assets recorded to the sub-ledger are in compliance with capitalization policy.
- Oversee capital requirements and / or projects.
- Oversee monthly reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary ledgers to the fixed asset system; resolve any resulting discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Monitor process to ensure all asset additions, transfers and disposals are appropriately and timely accounted for.
- Monitor the Construction in Progress account to ensure items are appropriately supported and coded in the accounting system on a timely basis.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly Fixed Asset roll forward schedules
- Prepare monthly depreciation and other fixed asset-related entry adjustments
- Cross train coworkers
- Ad hoc Great Plains Dynamics and MS Excel reporting
- 2-3 years’ experience in Fixed Asset accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with CAPEX accounting in a capital intensive/service intensive environment